How to perform Plex Speedtest?
Plex is an application that allows you to stream your media collection on any device. Plex tests the speed of your internet connection and tells you how much bandwidth is available for playback on different devices. Find out in this article how to perform a plex speedtest using the Plex desktop app or the Plex web app.
What is a plex Speedtest?
A plex speedtest is a tool that allows you to test the speed of your Plex media server. This is important because it can help you determine if your server is fast enough to stream media to your devices. There are a few different ways to perform a plex speedtest, but we will show you how to do it using the built-in speedtest tool in Plex.
To start, open up the Plex web interface and go to the settings page. On this page, scroll down to the bottom and find the section labeled “Network”. In this section, click on the button labeled “Run Speed Test”.
This will open up a new window which will begin testing your connection speed. The results of the test will be displayed on the screen. If you are happy with the results, then you can close this window and continue using Plex. However, if you are not happy with the results, then you may need to consider upgrading your internet connection or changing some of your server settings.
How to perform a Plex Speedtest
There are a few ways to test the speed of your Plex server. The most accurate way is to use a tool like iperf3 or speedtest-cli. However, these tools require some technical knowledge and can be difficult to use.
Fortunately, there is an easier way to test the speed of your Plex server. The Plex Speed Test app is a free app that you can install on your computer or mobile device.
Once you’ve installed the app, simply launch it and select your server from the list of available servers. The app will then run a series of tests to determine the speed of your connection.
The results of the tests will be displayed in Mbps (megabits per second). This is the standard unit of measure for internet speeds.
Generally speaking, you’ll need a minimum download speed of 3 Mbps to stream video content without any issues. However, higher speeds will provide a better streaming experience.
So, if you’re looking to get the most out of your Plex server, make sure you run a speed test to ensure that your connection is up to snuff!
How to increase Plex Speedtest Results?
If you are looking to increase your Plex Speedtest results, there are a few things you can do.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection. This is the most important factor in determining your speedtest results.
- Close any programs or browser tabs that you are not using. The more programs and tabs you have open, the slower your computer will be overall.
- Quit any applications that are running in the background. These can include Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
- Shut down any other devices that are connected to your network. This includes phones, tablets, gaming consoles, etc.
- Restart your computer and router before beginning the speedtest. This will ensure that all devices are working properly and no updates are needed.
- Run the speedtest at www.speedtestnet/plex to get accurate results specific to Plex streaming.
We hope you found this article helpful in learning how to perform a Plex speedtest. By testing your internet connection speed, you can ensure that you’re getting the most out of your Plex experience. Don’t forget to also check out our other articles on optimizing your home network for Plex and troubleshooting commonPlex issues.